Turlock Unified School District accepts applications based on the needs of district for substitute teachers. If you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher for Turlock Unified School District, please check the EdJoin job posting system, a job for substitute teachers will be posted when open.
- Sub teachers must have a teaching credential or a 30 Day Emergency Substitute Permit
- Qualifications for a 30 Day Emergency Substitute Permit - Bachelor’s Degree and pass CBEST
Effective January 4, 2017*:
- Long Term rate of pay for teachers holding appropriate credential - $165 per day (beginning 31st day, retroactive to first day in the assignment)
- Special Education assignments with teachers holding appropriate California Special Education credential with District orientation or attends District provided training - $165 per day
- Substitute teachers who have obtained and maintain Teaching Permit for Statutory Leave (TPSL) during/for purpose of long term assignments with our district - $165 per day (beginning 31st day, retroactive to first day in the assignment)
*Specific details regarding these increases are available by contacting the office of Human Resources.