STRATEGY 1- We will ensure all staff have the curriculum, professional development, and support necessary to differentiate instruction, actively engage students, and effectively use assessment data in order to increase student achievement.
- Provide all staff with content appropriate, District adopted, standards-aligned curriculum.
- Implement cohesive K-12 formative and summative assessment and data systems.
- Provide initial and on-going professional development for all staff on specified needs in the area of student engagement.
- Provide initial and on-going professional development for all staff on specified needs in the area of differentiated instruction.
STRATEGY 2- We will develop and implement interventions and supplemental services that are consistent across the District in order to accelerate learning and close the achievement gap.
- Implement a student learning support continuum that is consistent across the District.
- Develop a specific District-wide monitoring system that records student progress, interventions, and supplemental services.
- Implement a formalized process throughout the District that provides parents with essential tools and information to increase involvement and improve educational outcomes for all students
STRATEGY 3- We will establish and maintain an effective accountability system for students, staff, and families to ensure all are taking responsibility for their actions and working collaboratively as partners towards achieving our mission and objectives.
- Implement a mentoring program, in partnership with a university, that supports students in taking responsibility for their own actions and contributing to a positive school climate.
- Implement a District-wide system to increase parental involvement and responsibility within the school community.
- Implement a student incentive recognition program to improve academics, behavior and attendance.
- Ensure the administrative evaluation process improves performance in achieving our mission.
- Ensure the certificated evaluation process improves performance in achieving our mission.
- Ensure the classified evaluation process improves performance in achieving our mission.
STRATEGY 4– In partnerships with families and our diverse population, we will identify, integrate, model, reinforce, and assess the character traits necessary to become self-motivated, responsible citizens in our community.
- Identify and implement District-wide character traits.
- Implement a recognition program for students who are actively engaged and exhibit outstanding character.
- Develop appropriate means of assessing student demonstration of the adopted character traits.
- Actively engage parents as partners in reinforcing the District’s adopted character traits.
- Actively engage the community as a partner in reinforcing the District adopted character traits.
- Establish and implement a community service plan for 9-12 high school students to promote responsible citizenship.
STRATEGY 5– We will design a system to guide and support students in setting and achieving challenging personal goals tailored to their aspirations for post-secondary education and careers.
- Utilize academic and career resources/partnerships to support K-12 students setting and achieving personal, educational, and career goals.
- Expand opportunities for students to meet college admission requirements, achieve post-secondary goals, and satisfy career aspirations.
- Refine and expand alternative educational opportunities to serve a diverse community of learners.
- Increase student access and use of technology to improve their educational and career opportunities in the 21st century.
- Increase student access and use of technology to expand their career awareness and future career aspirations.
STRATEGY 6– We will expand resources (financial, human and partnerships) and ensure they are used effectively to best achieve the District's mission as well as maintain fiscal integrity.
- Establish an educational foundation to enhance student learning and development.
- Develop a guideline that ensures fiscal decisions correlate with the strategic parameters of the District.
- Establish fiscal principles to govern the allocation of resources generated through the Strategic Plan to ensure timely, appropriate and equitable distribution.
- Implement a centralized directory that identifies resources within the District that stakeholders can share and access through multiple mediums.
- Enhance partnerships between Turlock Unified School District, local businesses, and local community organizations.
- Establish a mutually supportive relationship with California State University, Stanislaus that enhances collaborative relationships fostering educational, social, cultural, and economic development.