STRATEGY 1 – We will develop and implement reciprocal communications systems which are consistent across TUSD in order to provide students, families, staff, and community members with essential relevant and timely information
- Establish and maintain a formalized communication process throughout TUSD for accessing and providing information to increase communication amongst all stakeholders.
- Enhance communication with local businesses/organizations to establish and maintain diversified partnerships with TUSD.
- Develop and utilize technology-based communication systems to continuously improve the access and dissemination of timely, relevant and essential information.
STRATEGY 2 - We will ensure all staff has the curriculum, professional development, collaboration time, and support necessary to differentiate instruction and actively engage students in an environment that fosters learning.
- Provide all staff with Common Core standards-aligned, District adopted curriculum.
- Maintain instructional focus on district-wide SIOP instructional model.
- Provide initial and on-going professional development and support for all staff on specified needs in the area of differentiated instruction.
- Ensure that all school sites continually refine their Professional Learning Community.
STRATEGY 3 – We will promote student-centered engagement by providing equal access and increased opportunities to a broad course of studies that includes curricular and extra-curricular programs enriched by family and community support.
- New community partnerships will be created to support student involvement in curricular and extra-curricular programs.
- A common communication system for available curricular and extra-curricular programs will be established throughout the district (TK-12).
- Increase available extra-curricular activities at the TK-6 sites.
- Improve access to extra-curricular programs.
- Increase available curricular opportunities at the TK-12 sites.
STRATEGY 4 – We will develop and implement interventions and supplemental services that are consistent across the District in order to accelerate learning and close the achievement gap.
- Establish a district-wide diagnostic assessment.
- Implement effective targeted interventions that are consistent across the District.
- Implement a formalized process throughout the District that provides parents with essential tools and information to increase involvement and improve educational outcomes for all students.
STRATEGY 5 – Provide equitable resources for students, staff, and families to prepare all students to be college and career ready.
- Establish and maintain a resourceful educational foundation for all students to further enhance their academic, social, and vocational achievement.
- Develop and maintain fiscal guidelines and principles to govern and allocate fiscal resources in a timely, efficient and equitable manner.
- Establish and implement a web-based directory that offers students, staff and community stakeholders access to local resources by means of technological outreach.
- Expand and enhance partnerships between Turlock Unified School District staff, students, families and community organizations and local businesses.
- Build and maintain mutual relationships with local colleges, universities and trade schools to prepare students for college and/or career readiness.
STRATEGY 6 – We will prepare and equip students for digital-age learning with the skills to navigate future technology.
- Create a progressive technology curriculum baseline model for each grade level that follows the Common Core Standards and District Technology Plan for students and teachers to have a basic level of technology knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Provide similar technology opportunities for student interventions, enrichments and technology career pathways. Provide students with more access to technology, before, during and after school.
- Promote digital citizenship and best practices for student safety and information protection.
- Provide a stable, scalable network infrastructure that is easily expandable and capable of supporting all district technology initiatives across all schools.
- Provide a robust, centrally-managed, wireless network that securely provides sufficient coverage and density capable of supporting all devices.
- All District staff will receive ongoing professional development and coaching to stay current with the effective use of job-specific technology.
- Provide best practices for teachers to integrate technology into their classroom and instructional strategies.
STRATEGY 7 – We will establish and maintain a safe environment and positive school climate for our students, staff, families and community.
- A comprehensive partnership will be developed and maintained between the District and community.
- Establish and maintain safety education and related services.
- Partner with the city to maintain and improve safe passage to and from school.
- Partner with the community agencies to promote and enhance student safety.
- Increase opportunities for family engagement in our schools and community.