Office of Special Education Administration
The Turlock Unified School District (TUSD) offers special education programs and services for students identified as having educational disabilities. Our department is dedicated to delivering quality, effective and efficient service to students, families, district staff and the community. Our department focuses on aligning our goals with the TUSD Mission Statement and Strategic Plan The Special Education staff welcomes the opportunity to speak with you. If you have any questions or concerns you may reach us at: Office (209) 667-8519 Fax (209) 664-9093
SAVE THE DATE: April 29, 2017
Special Education Department Statistics
The Turlock Unified School District (TUSD) is part of a multi-district Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA) located within Stanislaus County. The following statistics outline TUSD Special Education:
- 1,400 students served preschool thru age twenty-two.
- 90 special education teachers or specialists district-wide.
- 200+ paraprofessionals provide support to our students.
- Professional development and training opportunities for all staff.
- Offer a systematic approach that cultivates experts who are able to offer a premier progressive educational program for our students.
- Offer parenting classes year round.
- We are a Regionalized Provider for surrounding districts.