Use of Joe Debely Stadium
There are two forms that must be completed to reserve Joe Debely Stadium. Please complete and sign the forms below then submit them to:
Turlock Unified School District
Office of Business Services
1574 E. Canal Dr., Room 213
P.O. Box 819013
Turlock, CA 95381
Application & Agreement for Use of Joe Debely Stadium
Joe Debely Stadium Facility Rules & Use Agreement
Please be aware that a Certificate of Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 for liability and property damage naming Turlock Unified School District as an additional insured, and a $200.00 security deposit are due two weeks prior to use. The total fee charged is due at least one week prior to use. Those who use our facilities on an ongoing basis will be billed monthly. Fees are based on actual costs of custodial services, utilities and supplies, and administrative support.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Bridget Shelton
at (209) 667-0645
Joe Debely Stadium
Welcome to the Joe Debely Stadium Website! Here you can find all the information you need regarding the stadium and upcoming events. We will be updating the page frequently, so check back often!
Turlock Unified School District is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable environment for all fans attending events at Joe Debely Stadium and for nearby residents.
We ask that you respect our neighbors and their private property as you enter and exit the stadium.
Please observe all traffic and parking laws. Please do not park in or block driveways in the surrounding neighborhood. Use appropriate trash receptacles and do not litter. Respect our neighbors’ peace and quiet when entering and exiting the stadium by keeping noise levels to a minimum.
questions or concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the stadium, please contact:
Office of Business Services
at (209) 667-0645,
Monday through Friday,
during our regular business hours of:
7:30 AM - 4:00 PM.
did you know?
The stadium is open to recreational walkers and joggers Monday through Friday
from 6:30 AM to 8:00 AM
and from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM,
unless there is a previously
*Summer Closing Time: 5:00pm
Joe Debely Stadium Renovation Project
The Joe Debely Stadium track and field was placed at the current location at Turlock High School in 1950. The stadium encompassing the track and field was constructed in 1977. Turlock and Pitman High ...more
Rules for Use of Joe Debely Stadium
JOE DEBELY STADIUM
FACILITY RULES AND USE AGREEMENT
- TUSD Supervision: There shall be a TUSD employee in charge of the stadium, whose duties shall include the opening and closing of the stadium and facilities, the operation of mechanical systems and public address systems, the supervision of all facility users to insure all established rules are strictly followed, and who will have the authority to enforce all conditions of the Facility Rules and Use Agreement as the designated District representative. Groups using the stadium must have a recognized coach or adult representative of the organization in attendance at the event or practice, and will be responsible for the conduct of their members and invitees, and are subject to removal and denial of further use under these Rules.
- Violations of Rules and Agreement: Violation of any of the established Facility Rules and Use Agreement by any individual or organization shall be sufficient cause for immediate suspension of use and removal from the stadium and TUSD grounds. Any flagrant violation of the Rules shall be sufficient cause for denying further use of the stadium.
- Times for Usage: All functions shall end by 9:00pm, unless permission for a later ending time has been granted by the TUSD Office of Business Services. Access to the stadium may start at 7:30am with no event activities beginning before 8:00am. All premises shall be vacated by the end time specified on the approved application. Deviations or departures from this rule shall be cause for cancellation of all future use of the stadium.
- Property Damage: All TUSD property must be protected from damage and mistreatment and ordinary precautions must be maintained. Individuals and/or groups shall be responsible for the conditions in which the stadium is left. Should any parts of the artificial turf field and/or synthetic track be damaged or abused beyond normal wear, repair of such damage will be paid for by the individual or organization involved and shall be sufficient cause for cancellation or denial of all future use.
- Noise: Whistles, air horns and other air-powered or mechanically powered devices are prohibited at all events. The TUSD supplied public address (PA) system will be the only “PA” system to be used with established volume levels strictly followed. Unless previously approved by the TUSD Office of Business Services, no music or other audio recordings will be allowed to be played through the TUSD “PA” system. Any disruptive or disrespectful use of the “PA” system is prohibited. Violation of this rule is sufficient cause for denying further use of the TUSD “PA” system.
- Alcohol and Tobacco: The possession, consumption, or sale of tobacco, alcoholic beverages, or any restricted substances is strictly prohibited.
- Shoes: The artificial and synthetic track and turf must be protected from any damage that can be caused by shoes not approved for athletic competition on either of the surfaces. Shoes prohibited from the turf include baseball, track and golf shoes and “dress” shoes with heels. Shoes prohibited from the track include baseball, golf shoes, track shoes with metal spikes longer than ¼ inch, and “dress” shoes with heels.
- No fighting
- No inappropriate language
- No abuse of officials, coaches, or athletes
- No unsportsmanlike conduct
- No rollerblades, or roller skates within the stadium, and no bicycles except in designated areas
- No dogs allowed
General Rules: Track and Turf
- No gum
- No small candy, including but not limited to Skittles, Starburst and M&M's
- No sunflower seeds
- No chewing tobacco
- No silly string or confetti
- No flammable candles or other items with a flame
- No Liquid Propane (LP) gas grills
- Water only – No sports drinks, sodas or coffee
- No tables, chairs, benches, pop-up tents or anything with straight legs without prior approval of authorized TUSD staff. All stadium furniture will be provided by the TUSD and will be marked “For Stadium Use”.
- No vehicles are allowed on the track or field that are not provided by the TUSD. Organizations requesting the use of golf carts, ATV’s, or trailers must receive approval by the TUSD Office of Business Services before being used and all drivers must meet with TUSD administrative representatives before any approval will be considered.
- Absolutely nothing can be staked into the turf or track
- No paint or other items that could stain the track or turf will be allowed.
- No materials are to be taped, tacked, stapled, glued or pinned to the track.
- All participants and spectators who desire to gain access to the turf field will do so at the designated and protected areas of the track selected for passage and cross only at these points.
Approved by TUSD Board of Trustees 8/17/2010