Student ID Badge Policy (7th - 12th Grades)
Student ID Cards & Lanyards
Be Respectful: Wear ID Card & Lanyard at all times on or about campus.
Be Safe: Make ID Card & Lanyard visible to all staff.
Be Responsible: Use only TUSD issued ID Card & Lanyard.
In an effort to increase campus security and safety, all TUSD 7-12 grade students are required to wear a student ID card on a lanyard, both of which will be provided at the beginning of the school year. All students must wear the ID/lanyard daily while on or about the school campus during school hours. For safety purposes, all TUSD students must be visually identifiable to all District staff on the respective campuses. Failure to wear an ID on a lanyard while on campus will result in the following consequence, each quarter:
- 1st Offense – Student does not have their student ID/lanyard.
- Student will be sent to office immediately, given the appropriate consequence, issued a temporary color coded ID and sent back to class.
- The consequence is entered into Aeries.
- Letter is generated and sent home.
- At the end of the day, attendance will pull the ID related offenses from Aeries, enter the list into School Messenger and send the calls out on a daily basis (i.e., calls are made only for those receiving the initial warning and not the students in the second, third or fourth steps.)
- 2nd Offense – Student does not have their student ID/lanyard. Student will be issued a temporary color coded ID and a given a citation and detention.
- 3rd Offense – Student does not have their student ID/lanyard. Student will be issued a temporary color coded ID and given a citation and school service.
- 4th Offense - Student does not have their student ID/lanyard. Student will be issued a temporary color coded ID and given a suspension pending a parent conference.
- If lost, replacement lanyards and ID cards will be available for purchase at the respective sites for $3.
- ID Cards & Lanyards shall be TUSD issued ONLY. (Black with break- away clasp.)
- Lanyards shall be worn around the collar and NO clip-ons.
- Wearing another student’s ID card, a non-TUSD issued ID card and/or inappropriate lanyard will result in the same consequence as not wearing.